Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Pregnancy

Note: Pictures are missing from this post as our scanner is broken, but I'll add them in as soon as we buy a new printer/copier/scanner.

-----

The pregnancy was relatively uneventful. My first trimester was a breeze - no morning sickness, just fatigue.

We got our first look at the baby and a video of the heartbeat at just 6 weeks, 4 days:



At 12 weeks, 4 days, we went to Stanford for our nuchal translucency ultrasound and got our first look at the baby. The tests came back completely normal.

My second trimester was even easier! And, at 20 weeks, we found out we were having a boy! James filmed the entire ultrasound and we got more snapshots of our little guy.





And, then my third trimester came - the home stretch. No more ultrasounds :-( as it was a healthy pregnancy, for which I was thankful. And, while I had been good for the first 8 months in keeping my clumsiness in check, I became a little more clumsy towards the end. At 34 weeks, 5 days, I took a pretty scary tumble (belly first) which sent me to the hospital. That was the day of my shower. My friend Karen had flown up from sunny San Diego and we went to brunch at Stacks in Menlo Park. Instead of my shower, Karen accompanied me and James to the hospital - bless her! Thankfully, everything was normal so they let me leave. But, by that time, it was time for Karen to fly home. :-(. I made it to my shower two hours late, just in time to open presents, have dessert (mmm, cupcakes), and say goodbye to all my wonderful friends that came to celebrate with me.







The next three weeks, I threw myself into work, training my maternity leave replacement with 5 years of knowledge, in three weeks! When May 8th rolled around, I was ready for two weeks off to write my thank you notes, finish the nursery, finish the rest of the work we were doing to the house, and prepare for our son, who at that time remained nameless.

No comments: