Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Peyton is Eating Solids!

Peyton started eating solid foods on Friday! Over the past month, he became increasingly interested in food. At his doctor's appointment last week, Dr. Glinder said the final 'test' was to see if he grabbed at food which he started doing the next day. As she has over 20 years of experience introducing food to infants, I deferred to my Mom as to what to start with (and with Dr. Glinder's permission). Mom finds that oat cereal is a little more gentle on infants' stomachs so that's what we started with.

Friday morning, I prepared some oat cereal and headed over to my parents' house. As I wanted to capture the moment, I let my mom have the honor of feeding him. He loved it!







Friday night we noticed a few pimples on his chin. Peyton is quite the little drool monster, so I figured it was just that.

Since it went well on Friday morning, James and I decided to feed him more yesterday morning. He loved his high chair, and really enjoyed his meal! Making it even more special, the spoon I used was MY baby spoon. It's the perfect size for his little mouth.







Unfortunately, the "acne" from Friday night spread over yesterday afternoon, so it looks like Peyton is intolerant to oats. He is starting food a little early (though many children do start as early as 4 months), so we'll give it a few days to clear up and then will try rice cereal. We'll reintroduce oats in a few months.

No comments: