Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Peyton: Stair Master!

Last Friday, as we were getting ready for swim class, I had to run upstairs to grab Peyton's after-swim clothes. I guess the gate didn't close behind me, but this doesn't usually bother me, as Peyton just runs up to the gate and pushes it closed.

Well, Friday was different. I heard him at the bottom of the stairs gate and then I heard nothing. I thought that he got bored and went back into the living room to read some books. I came downstairs and found him on the FIFTH step! He was climbing the stairs!!! Needless to say, I dropped everything I had in my hands and rushed down and scooped him up.

When James got home, I showed him Peyton's new skill. We've been letting him climb all weekend. He doesn't know how to go down yet, so we stay very close to him.

Here's a video we just shot this morning showing our little climber.

I really wasn't expecting Peyton to figure out how to do this on his own. My, my, my!

No comments: