Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Peyton's First Birthday Party

We had Peyton's birthday party at Stafford Park in Redwood City yesterday. We chose it because it's a beautiful park, not because it shares our name...

Peyton enjoyed seeing and meeting our friends. While I was talking to Sandra and Jim, Peyton was looking at Daddy.



James was the host with the most yesterday. He prepped and cooked all the food, even grilling burgers to order! My hero!



Our friends the Gumberts and Rinaldis chatting.



My Mom and Dad enjoyed themselves (there was another party in the grass next to us).



We ordered cupcakes from the Love Bites Bakeshop. I've tasted quite a few cupcakes, but these are the BEST. Better than Kara's Cupcakes and WAY better than Sprinkles. We first tasted these cupcakes at Dominic's birthday party in March and I knew that I had to get them for Peyton's. Kathryn was a dream to work with (she bakes out of her home) and is a true professional! We ordered three dozen: Carrot.



Snickerdoodle (I think these are my new favorites).



And Peanut Butter Cup (James' original favorite, he now likes the Snickerdoodle ones best). I now need an excuse to order cupcakes at least once a month. Cupcake of the Month club anyone?



Everyone grabbed a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday. (Jenni and Jim brought their dog Pico - he was a huge hit with the kids!)



Peyton wasn't sure what was going on, but he really liked all the singing!



Dominic was eyeing the cupcake boxes, waiting patiently.



The patience paid off - he got to taste a Snickerdoodle cupcake with Mom and Dad!



Peyton was pretty tired after the party (he refused to nap yesterday), so I took a picture of him with a leftover Snickerdoodle cupcake this morning. He manged to scoop some frosting off and played with it.



I kept the cupcake as far as possible on the highchair table and he tried his very best to get it.



Sadly for him, I didn't let him taste the cupcake (Mommy's breakfast!), but I figured I would let him look at it. :-)

We'll be opening presents tonight. Peyton was just too tired to open them after the party yesterday (he was asleep within an hour of getting home).

No comments: